The wedding guest attire etiquette can sometimes be so confusing, don’t you think? There are so many rules to follow: from attire color, and dress length to cultural background checks to mention a few. To be on the right side of the wedding etiquette, our experts share their advice on wearing beige to a wedding.
So, can you wear beige to a wedding? Yes, you can wear any shade of beige as long as the bride allows it. She’s the party’s boss: so she sets the tone in terms of style and color. Overall, wearing beige depends on the formality, theme, and dress codes. If it ticks all the boxes, it is okay wearing. The color is quite okay if you know how to pull it off, striking a balance between respect and refinement.
So, how exactly do you pull off wearing beige to the wedding? We have a few ideas below.
Can you wear a beige dress to a wedding?
Whoever said that beige is boring is a liar! And we have the best beige dress options to prove that. Enhance the simplicity of this color by experimenting with different types of necklines, refined fabrics, jolly prints, and unique or classic models to show the right way of wearing a beige dress to a wedding.
- One-shoulder beige dress: Asymmetrical necklines are so in right now so why not wear a one-shoulder beige dress that hugs your body and accentuates your waist. This design always stays in style whether you pick the longer version for the formal affairs or the mini dress for cocktail wedding parties.
- Off-the-shoulder Bardot-inspired beige dress: If you want to show some more skin, go with the off-the-shoulder beige dress with puffed sleeves and a decent slit. This flattering model is so versatile you can wear it day or night, conventional or casual. You just have to find the proper shade that complements your skin tone, and you can wear beige to a wedding like a true fashionista.
- Midi beige slip dress: Silky slip dresses are another option for your wedding guest’s beige outfit. If Victoria Beckham could pull this look for her son’s wedding, who says you can’t?
Choose the midi one — it will give you a dash of sophistication and utmost style. Combine the outfit with minimal black sandals and a matching chic clutch. If you are a fan of jewelry, put on a striking bracelet to seal the deal and dazzle everyone with simplicity and style.
- Beige dress with patterns: Consider more subtle designs like blooming or geometric prints if you want the printed option. Choose an A-line halter neck mini or a flowing beige maxi dress embellished with floral and colorful details. This option radiates effortless grace and is ideal for wearing to non-traditional wedding venues like vineyards or park weddings. If you want to give your look a splash of boho vibe, wear this beige dress to a wedding with delicate accessories, wedged sandals, and loose curly hair.
- Watch out for the textured beige dresses: Lace and embellishments can be slightly puzzling when wearing a beige dress to a wedding. The wedding dress can often include these delicate details, and the bride might opt for nude shades rather than the plain white color for her bridal look.
If you really what to go with a lacy dress, choose darker hues or black lace over a beige dress to avoid being confused with the bride.
As far as embellishments go, pick exquisite items in some other color. You are good to go with ruffles, feathers, and dark beige sequins. These fine selections enhance your outfit’s aesthetic appeal, making it perfect for semi-formal or cocktail-style weddings.
Can you wear a beige suit to a wedding?
If you don’t see yourself wearing a short dress to a wedding, go with the pantsuit option in a warm beige tone. This shade will show the right dose of elegance and grace to make you shine but not outshine the bridal look.
When wearing a beige suit to a wedding, choose darker hues for black tie events and leave the lighter nuances for outdoor, daytime, and summer events. Just be careful not to go too light — there are instances when the bride decides to wear a suit rather than a dress, and you surely don’t want to be mistaken for her, do you?
Regarding accessories and footwear, you can mix them up with whatever color you want to freshen up your look. That’s the good thing about beige; it goes with almost everything.
Can you wear a beige jacket to a wedding?
Choosing what to wear over a dress to a wedding can sometimes be tricky. Lucky that we have neutrals that flatter all color and design selections for your best wedding guest attire. Wearing a beige jacket to a wedding can save the day for casual backyard weddings by giving you a chill and chic look.
An elegant beige blazer can upgrade your total outfit from zero to hero. For a more formal and stylish ensemble, opt for a tailored blazer to complement your wedding attire — it will go perfectly with a flowing dress. Find one of the oversized models that are trending right now and combine it with the timeless black wedding dress.
If you want to embrace a fashionable and modern appearance, think about wearing a beige jacket to a wedding but choose one of the cropped ones that goes hand in hand with a high-waisted skirt or pants.
Can you wear beige shoes to a wedding?
Beige shoes are okay to wear to a wedding; you only need to look after coordination. Select shoes in a different shade, such as soft brown or tan, to create a unified and elegant style for a beige-colored look from head to toe.
Wearing beige shoes to a wedding should always be your go-to plan — thanks to the neutrality and adaptability of this color. They can be used to match various colors and models of a dress, so not owning a pair would be considered a fashion crime.
Can you wear beige pants at a wedding?
Wearing beige pants at a wedding is always a good idea, particularly those occurring during the day or in informal settings. A nice pair of beige palazzo pants mixed with a body-hugging top, a lacy blouse, or an embellished corset is the look you will always go back to when you want to avoid wearing a dress to a wedding.
The classic way to wear beige pants at a wedding that will never be seen as old-fashioned is by pairing them with a tucked-in spaghetti-strap silky top and accessories like a pair of striking earrings. Choose whatever color you want to complete your ensemble because you can never go wrong with beige pants. The styling options are endless.
Can you wear beige and white to a wedding?
Go easy on this color combo because it may resemble the bridal look. Brides usually choose different shades of beige to match their skin tone and use it to cover the dress with white lace when striving for that nude wedding dress look. Of course, you should keep off wearing white shoes regardless of how appealing you look when matched with beige attire.
Even with a white dress with a beige floral print, it is risky because the bride might choose to wear one of the floral wedding gown models. To be safe, wearing beige and white to a wedding should be avoided at all costs.
There you have it; our experts have given the green light to wear beige at a wedding as a guest, which still is in line with wedding etiquette. However, this should be after consulting the bride.
Listen to your sense of style while respecting the event’s sanctity. Whatever part of the beige garment you decide to go with, let your outfit honor the happy occasion and strive for sophistication.